TAFE SA understands that sometimes it is difficult for students to pay their fees, and offers the option of paying their course fees via Fees-by-Instalments (FBI) to eligible students undertaking eligible courses.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible to apply for Fees by Instalments a student must:
- Be enrolled in an Award Course at Certificate III or IV level (Diploma and above level courses can apply for VET FEE-HELP)
- If enrolled in a Diploma or above level course, then, MUST NOT be entitled to VET FEE-HELP or FEE-HELP assistance
- Must NOT be an International Student
- Have course fees of greater than $250
- Have no outstanding fees with TAFESA
- Be in a current financial situation that does not permit them to pay their fees in full.
To apply for Fees by Instalments, you will need to:
These documents request the details of your financial situation. You must provide evidence to support the information you provide.
These documents are also available from Information/ Client service centres at your local campus.
If you are approved to pay your Fees-by-Instalment, an education agreement with a schedule of payments, which shows the balance and amounts to be paid by an agreed due date, will be generated.
All instalments are to be made via Direct Debit from your nominated bank account or through Centrepay (Centrepay can only be used for students receiving payment from Centrelink).
You will need to think carefully about how you are going to manage your course costs and organise this before you enrol. There are a number of organisations and services that offer financial assistance to students.
You can also contact student services for advice and referral.
Please contact your local campus , contact TAFE Info or call our infoline on 1800 882 661 for further information.